Help! My roosters has something going on with his leg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by shonshine, Apr 4, 2017.

1. shonshine

shonshine New Egg

Apr 4, 2017
    Im new to the forum so hope im doing this correctly. Last week i noticed my rooster was limping. He is in a coop at night with 3 other roosters and they all free range during the day. We are new owners of the property and these roosters came with the property. We were told that they grew up together.
    Anyway...i thought he may have injured his foot or leg in the coop. He started laying down alot and the others started picking on him. So i did some research (Backyard Chicken forum) and decided to seperate him into a smaller coop by himself to rest. Ive mashed uo a baby aspirin with grapes twice daily for the last 2 days. This morning i noticed dark patches on his leg! Not sure what this is? Can anyone give me some advice? Anything i can do for him? Im a fairly new "chicken" mom but am trying whatever i can for him!

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Welcome. Never heard about a baby aspirin and grapes---and I been raising chickens for over 50 years---New things all the time!! Can you do some pictures? Not sure what you mean by dark patches?

3. shonshine

shonshine New Egg

Apr 4, 2017
    Here is a pic. Any advice is greatly appreciated! The dark patches look to be growing larger.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by