HELP MY SILKIE HEN!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChickonInc, Jan 29, 2015.

1. ChickonInc

ChickonInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Virginia
    My Coop
    My silkie hen Ellie doesn't move much even though she has chicks. She also won't wean the chicks and I would like her to raise more chicks this coming spring. The chicks are 4 months old now. When ever she looks in the distance her head goes slowly up and then she puts her head down and it she does it a lot. Here's a picture I just took of her. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

You haven't described anything specific enough to tell you if something is wrong. The first thing you should determine is if it is a sight issue. Get her feathers out of her eyes and see if that changes things. Then see if she can move physically or if she has been injured. Then you need to be sure she is eating and drinking and pooping. Those things will help you determine what is really going on.
    [​IMG]
    Just putting a rubber band in her crest feathers changed how my girl acted about everything.

3. ChickonInc

ChickonInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Virginia
    My Coop

Thanks, I bought some rubber bands and she is running across the yard. She has a little pink bow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by