Help, my silkie is not well, shaky legs and off balance

Shawna111

Hatching
Jul 31, 2020
My 6 month old Silkie's legs and feet are shaking uncontrollably and he is off balance when he walks. He always had the occasional head tremor and one of his toes curled sideways intermittently from when he was a chick to adolescent but it never progressed to anything and would return to normal. He is still eating and drinking but less active than usual. Has anyone experience anything like this before?

Do you have any pictures of him or a video that you could upload to YouTube with a link here? Was he vaccinated for Mareks disease? What do you feed him? I would try giving him some vitamin E 400 IU daily, and some vitamin B complex (not B12, but B complex) 1/4 tablet daily.

Do you have any pictures of him or a video that you could upload to YouTube with a link here? Was he vaccinated for Mareks disease? What do you feed him? I would try giving him some vitamin E 400 IU daily, and some vitamin B complex (not B12, but B complex) 1/4 tablet daily.

Thank you so much! Very helpful. He was not vaccinated against Mareks disease but from reading up on it and from previous experience with Mareks, it does not seem to resemble that disease. I will try to get a video so I can show you what it looks like. For the B complex, what strength of tablet? Would adding a vitamin supplement to the water be sufficient? Thanks again, this is very helpful

Back
Top Bottom