HELP!!! My sizzle is gasping, and wheezing!! Could there be something stuck in her throat?? Pleas

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SilkiesForEver, Oct 12, 2012.

1. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Does anyone know what could be wrong?? Please help! I don't know what to do, and it seems to be getting worse! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. KathyJB

KathyJB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2012
    Gosh I wish I could help. Can you take her to the vet?

3. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    There are no avian vets close to where I live. I'm giving her LOTS of water, in hopes of flushing whatever it is out.

4. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    Are you sure it's not a respiratory infection? Or gape worm? Search both on the forums here if you aren't sure.

5. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    No, I'm not sure. I'll check it out. Thanks!

6. missypebble

missypebble Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    agree with star girl...do a search for respiratory and gapeworm. it's a bit tricky to really know what your chicken is going through but if you could do a test for tapeworm, if will help eliminate the possibility. whatever it is, please act fast and accordingly!

7. Wayne&Kim1963

Wayne&Kim1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Covington, OK
    I would give her shot of tylan 50 and penicillin mixed together and put her by vaporizer to help her breathing. If you put a hot towel (make sure not too hot) in bag and set in with her for warmth will help her breath better too. I would look for her to have something in throat but sounds like you need to make fast decisions so I would treat everything I could quickly to try to save her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by