HELP!!!! MY TURKEY LOOKS PALE AND PURPLE!!!!!

Macie2003

In the Brooder
Jan 18, 2021
Recently, I posted about my turkey having turkey pox but no one has/had responded. I have been giving him 0.5ml of Poly-Vi-Sol for the past 4-5 days. The scabs and foamy eyes are going down and not spreading anymore. But now he is turning pale and purple. He is still eating and drinking (not acting lethargic) he is still playful but he does act tired. I have a heating lamp set up for him and I also put electrolytes and digestive support in his water. I don’t know what else I can do but it doesn’t feel right for him to be turning colors I haven’t seen before. Please help me!

Attachments

• B286F80D-5762-439C-B873-E7CE498B348D.jpeg
    B286F80D-5762-439C-B873-E7CE498B348D.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 79F2780E-7F2F-4D3A-B5C5-80DEB06EF03F.jpeg
    79F2780E-7F2F-4D3A-B5C5-80DEB06EF03F.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 479F9884-73FF-4527-989A-685585DC8523.jpeg
    479F9884-73FF-4527-989A-685585DC8523.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 5
He looks anaemic, does he have any signs of mites?

Has he had any injury of some sort that could've contributed in internal injuries?

He looks anaemic, does he have any signs of mites?

Has he had any injury of some sort that could've contributed in internal injuries?
I am new to raising turkeys. So could you possibly explain what I do (what I use), what the notes look like, where they would be, and how to resolve this issue? Thank you so much for your input!

I thought that iron was poisonous for birds….
From what I know is iron reduces egg shell quality in laying hens.

Iron can be toxic if not needed, but used in the correct manner if there's blood loss it can be helpful not harmful.(I think human iron supplements are toxic to birds)Treating the birds with the foods I listed is fine if given every once in awhile.

I like to give iron through vegetable sources, since it's easy, & the birds will eat it on their own.

Iron can be toxic if not needed, but used in the correct manner if there's blood loss it can be helpful not harmful.

I like to give iron through vegetable sources, since it's easy, & the birds will eat it on their own.
How much would I administer to him? How much veggies? And also what would I do if he has mites?

Iron can be toxic if not needed, but used in the correct manner if there's blood loss it can be helpful not harmful.

Also he hasn’t had any blood loss that I noticed…does he have to have blood loss to need iron?

How much would I administer to him? How much veggies? And also what would I do if he has mites?
I edited my original post.

Give him a handful of spinach every other day, or veggie of your choice until his color returns. Make sure he has regular feed available too.

Back
Top Bottom