Help! My Wellsummer rooster is flipping over,blind,won't eat,won't drink,

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Beetlegreen, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Beetlegreen

Beetlegreen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2013
    The Chicken coop
    I don't know whats wrong with him!!![​IMG]
    Any suggestions???

2. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    Cull him.

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    My birds were flipping over when they had wry neck. Is there any more symptoms you can see associated with his flipping over? Mine ended up being a vitamin defiency causing the symptoms. Thank God both cases were cured with vitamin therapy. There are different reasons he might be doing this. Look for other clues. Is his neck in the correct position or does it seem off? Last month I had two cases of wry neck causing both birds to flip and struggle they would do a complete flip it was difficult to see. But vitamins E B and polyvisol liquid children's vitamins cured them but in my cases the wry neck was causing the flipping. Please look for any other clues as to what might be going on. Is his ears alright? Is his neck normal? Check breathing. Any coughing or mucus present? Any small clues could help. If his ears have a infection this could also cause this behavior. Was he hurt or pecked in the head? More information would be really helpful. Does his neck appear normal or does it seem off? If its off its likely wry neck. Pleas check these things and let us know

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by