HELP my white chicken isnt white

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Wendy'sChicksRock, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    Ok I asked about this a week or so and didnt get any sure fire way to get my silkie's face white again.. She really gets her face wet and dirty ALL the time. We have a show next week and most of her is really bright white but she still has some stains here and there.. someone said to use peroxide,, it didnt work...neither did vinegar... my poor silkie is sooo nice and correct and i feel terrible that I cant get her face clean enough....

HELP ..

2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Wendy'sChicksRock :

Ok I asked about this a week or so and didnt get any sure fire way to get my silkie's face white again.. She really gets her face wet and dirty ALL the time. We have a show next week and most of her is really bright white but she still has some stains here and there.. someone said to use peroxide,, it didnt work...neither did vinegar... my poor silkie is sooo nice and correct and i feel terrible that I cant get her face clean enough....

HELP ..

whiteing dog shampoo​

3. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    just dont turn the bird purple

4. Oldhound

Oldhound Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    South Carolina
    Sno-Flake by Kenic is excellent , used it on white dogs for years. No purple or bluing. Just follow dilution directions. Works on the worst dirt dirt , but not so good on urine stains on dog hair. Like any shampoo try to keep it out of the eyes even though it is mild, just in case. Good Luck at the show.

5. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    easy groom also has one that u heat and leave on for 10 min it work on the ensimes

6. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    I know somebody that washes their birds in Tide w/ bleach. Of course its not a strong concentration, but his birds always look beautiful.

7. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Quote:I tried that, It worked. Only add a touch though.

8. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    I just bathed my white silkies. I used plain old Dawn dish soap( the 97 cents a bottle stuff) and on my Roo, who was very yellow I used Midnight White dog shampoo. They all came out VERY Nice! I wish I would have taken before and after pics!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  9. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    im going to try the tide... we will see its just a little bit under her face and on the very top of her crest.. wish me luck.. Maybe iIll make her an appt at the salon for some high lights..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by