Help naming chickens!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Hunterlauren93, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Hunterlauren93

Hunterlauren93 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    Forest
    What are your chickens names? What breeds do you have? What do your coops look like? Post pics:) id love to see them.
    I have 5 chickens. I have a amercuana rooster, a buff orpington, 2 barred rock and a red sex link barred rock mix.
    the amercuana roosters name is pecker, the buff orpingtons name is Chloe. I am looking to get a new coop. The one they are in now is just a temp coop.

These are my 3 unnamed babies lol The pic isnt very good.
    [​IMG]
    This is Chloe
    [​IMG]
    This is Pecker
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenAl

ChickenAl Diagnosis...Chicken-Headed

Jun 5, 2011
    Putnam cty, NY
    We have three named. Nee-Nee, Big Momma, and Queenie. The other three are simply called The White Chicks, as we cannot tell them apart easily.

3. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    I only name the ones that exibit personality traits or have some obvious physical difference, Bad attitude Bob, Bar Rk roo, Bing Crowsby, RIR roo, Crooked comb, who had her comb almost pecked off as a chick Buff Rk, Fandango a RIR hen who has a prominent Blk Green Tail. That's it out of 62 birds.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  4. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    We currently have: Opal, Soda, Reba, Boots, Erma, Ferner and Clementine.

How old is your Orpington? It might be just the photo, but she still looks young from the picture, and that's a mighty red comb on her...
    [​IMG]

5. Hunterlauren93

Hunterlauren93 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    Forest
    Quote:She is 3 months old. Its pink is in person. The pic was taken with my phone. The color is kind of off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by