1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help naming Ducks ;)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kada6305, Mar 20, 2013.

1. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    I need help naming 4 of my 5 ducks, Two Khaki Campbells and two mallards. I have named my thirst mallard rascal, the two mallards are females I believe, no idea about the Khaki. here are some pictures :)

[​IMG]
    mallards : pink on the right and purple on the left, no idea about names. believe they are hens though,
    Khakis: this is before I decided to mark one with pink. But the one in the back is the one with the pink, I think maybe pink is a drake and other might be a hen...I am just guessing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is afrer I was able to mark one of the Khaki with pink. Of course I would mark the drake with pink lol.
    [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Gosh, the possibilities are endless!

Flower names, poet names, weather names, tree names, my runners are named numbers - in German. Einz, Zwei, Drei, on up to Elf.

3. kada6305

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    Oh I know I just can't decide! I think I'm naming one of the khaki ( one without pink) cinnamon

4. kada6305

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    I want to go with some sort of theme. one is named rascal but not sure what names can go with that?

5. dean26

dean26 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    United kindgom
    You could call one of the khaki's mousey after my pet duck who Isnt with me anymore!

6. kada6305

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    it doesnt really fit any of them though haha. Rascal fits his name alright, always trying to escape, tipping stuff over, eating all the treats...lol

7. ArtGirl

ArtGirl Chicken crazy

Cinnamon, Sugar, Dusty Rose, Chocolate, Precious, Flutter, Ginger, Cookie, Yonv (the Indian name for bear) for if one of them is tough, Kawena (Indian name for duck), Gawanv (Indian name for duck) and Ugidali (Indian name for feather).[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by