Help! Need chickies

BrookeP

Chirping
Feb 26, 2023
Welp.. the story goes: we waited too long and all of our top choices for chickens aren't available anymore. Mainly looking for a smaller farm, mom and pop breeders. I'm looking for any of the following: Orpingtons, Australorps, Plymouth barred rock, Rhode Island reds, Green Eggers, Ameraucana, leghorns, Wyandottes.. open to other kid friendly good egg laying breeds. I live in Jefferson County, if anyone has any info I'd love to hear.

They ship well to NY! (I’m there too). Friends have ordered from there in the past, & I have an order placed with them this year too!
Great to hear. I hope we get some soon :) have you personally had chicks come in in two separate dates and if so did you keep them separate from the ones that came first or did you put them all right in together? I see a few types that I could order from there but they come weeks apart. I feel that complicates things. This is my first time getting chickens and I've done a lot or research but none on that because I expected to get them all on the same day.

If you're willing to wait, they'll be an over abundance of started pullets in a few months from all these people who are panic buying birds and will decide they don't want them.

If you're willing to wait, they'll be an over abundance of started pullets in a few months from all these people who are panic buying birds and will decide they don't want them.
That's a thought! My girls and I were really looking forward to raising them from day olds but i'll keep that in mind. :) Thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom