HELP- need pheasant egg cups in Northeastern PA for Hovavator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by keystonepaul, Apr 20, 2009.

1. keystonepaul

keystonepaul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Pocono
    I was given 48 pheasant eggs and only have chicken egg cups (thought I had smaller cups- oops) Anyway if someone is near Lackawanna County PA and can spare a set of smaller egg cups for a Hovavator for a month I'd be gratefull OR if anyone is interested in half a dozen pheasent eggs and can meet me within a reasonable distance my problem would be solved that way. Either way the 48 eggs all get a chance to hatch. Thanks for thinking about it. You can PM me your number or pm me and I'll pm my number back. Thanks again Keystonepaul

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Paul, for the hovabator you have to use the chicken egg cups. The smaller ones are for quail and too small for pheasant eggs. You could lay them down and hand turn until you candle and weed out any bad ones..then put the turner in for the rest of the time.

3. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:Yes what she said!

You can use the chicken egg racks and then along side of the turner there is enough space to put the extra few eggs. I am doing this right now with silkie and other bantam eggs (some as small as pheasant eggs). I have 42 in the chicken size slots of the turner and the other 6 I have on the side where there is room. They are laying on their sides on the wire. I hand turn those few eggs and then at day 7 or so when I candle I will get rid of the clears and will more than likely have it down to 42 eggs. It is working great and I am on day 4 right now.

Hope that helps.

4. keystonepaul

keystonepaul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Pocono
    Thanks for the replies folks. I'll get them in the bator tonight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by