Help! Need secret to recipe for egg patties

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by soulsong, Jul 1, 2010.

1. soulsong

soulsong Songster

Jun 2, 2010
    NorthEast Georgia
    my husband loves to take a bagel sausage n egg patty to work every morning. I cant seem to figure out how to solve the rubbery result I get when I microwave my frozen egg patties. The store bought ones dont do that. Anyone know what I could add that might work?
    Thanks!!

2. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    How are you currently making the patties? If you outline the steps you've been taking, I might have some ideas.

3. BettyR

BettyR Songster

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:Make your egg patties out of scrambled eggs and use at least 1 tablespoon of whole cream for each egg when you scramble them. This will keep the eggs from getting rubbery when you freeze and thaw them.

Edited to add...you also want to make sure not to over cook the eggs in the microwave. That will also make them rubbery.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  4. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:What is an egg patty and how do you make them?

5. BettyR

BettyR Songster

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:What is an egg patty and how do you make them?

An egg patty is a hard cooked egg that you are planning to put on an sandwich.

I make fried egg sandwiches...breaking the yolk and cooking them all the way through...on bread with mayo and sliced tomatoes. Also scrambled egg sandwiches on biscuits with breakfast sausage.

6. alicefelldown

Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  7. BettyR

BettyR Songster

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:Are you also freezing you egg sandwiches? I have found that freezing scrambled eggs without the cream makes them rubbery.

Overcooking them in the microwave will do the same thing.

8. alicefelldown

Aug 18, 2008
    Yes, I am freezing mine.

Waiting for the OP to chime in with her current method.

9. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:Oh... looks yummy...

10. soulsong

soulsong Songster

Jun 2, 2010
    NorthEast Georgia
    hmmm....
    well I scramble the eggs and fry them on the griddle in those neat little egg patty rings. other than some oil to keep them from sticking to the griddle and rings I dont add anything. I tried adding milk but he thought that might be why they were rubbery.
    They go in the microwave with the sausage patty for 1 1/2 minutes. which might be to long for the egg but is right on for the sausage.
    How long do you think they should be microwaved for?
    I believe its on high power ( I dont think we have ever changed the setting on the microwave)
    Thanks for the help!
    I will try the whole cream and see how that works.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by