Help! Need to buy used pair of Nettie's Chicken Shoes!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BayouPoules, Nov 19, 2011.

1. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi,
    Thanks for checking out my post,
    We are trying to use non surgical methods of getting rid of bumble foot on our sweetest hen Brandy. My eyes just aren't good enough to cut on anyone anymore,..
    I am having a difficult time making new bandages every day to keep the medicine on,. she is a Dominique,. so medium size is what I need, but I can make large work!
    I need a pair of them,.. both feet have it,.. the rest of the flock is fine. If you have a pair, or even one, that you are not using and want to sell,.. please PM me!
    Thanks so much,
    Yvette

2. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I think the shoes r pretty cheap,i seaeched on line and thought they were under 10,i used drawing salve on my hens old bumble foot,and soaks in epson salts.I also have eye issues.Good luck

3. BayouPoules

Quote:Well,. the problem isn't the $ it's that she isn't making them anymore,.. so they are not available any other way,.. I can't find anyone else making them either,. if you know someone else that IS making them,.. I would be so happy to know where I can reach them!

We are using GSE soak and a drawing agent,..with a poultice under the bandage,.. but it's twice a day,.. both feet and I can't see wrap well,. so it would just be wonderful to be able to slip on the shoes with the meds and be done with it till the next soaking. Thanks for checking my post.

4. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I agree it is hard to wrap both feet,mine had old bumble foot i kept her seperate and did not wrap the foot after failed tries.I am sorry i did not know she was not making them anymore,maybe i will try in the future.

5. BayouPoules

That would be wonderful if you could start making them! I wish I had the ability to make them,.. it's a needed item for sure!

6. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I know the eye problems i have macular deng in both eyes and cateracks,(spelled wrong).

7. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    This place might still be Making them,IndoorDucks.com.

8. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    Quote:They do have them I just went to the site. I too have the same breed w the same problem. Am going to get me some. Thanks dmccann.

9. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    welcome

10. BayouPoules

Quote:This is where I started,..
    Indoorducks is the place that sold Nettie's shoes,..they are no longer taking orders,.. that's why I'm trying to buy used ones,..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by