Help! Need to find a home for 2 little maltese dogs. N. Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sew4beans, Jun 23, 2008.

1. sew4beans

sew4beans Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    I was brought the cutest little dogs. They are full blood Maltese and the female may be bred. I am afraid to try and keep them, as I have 4 large dogs, and don't want them hurt. I do know they were registered, but no way to get papers at this point.

I am worried that someone will want them just to make money from the puppies. They are both the common white maltese and weigh at most 5 or 6 pounds. (haven't weighed them) They are crate trained, house broke, and well behaved. Would be nice to find a home with someone older, as they don't seem to be used to a lot of noise.

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I wish I were closer to you. I would love to have them. I love small dogs and they would have a great home here. I only have one dog right now, a west highland terrier. They would fit right in with him. Hope you find great homes for them both.

Marie

3. sew4beans

Aug 7, 2007
    I wish you were closer too! Wish I could afford a road trip. Both of them are very sweet. They are laying at my feet as I type. I do think she is just coming in or out of season. The person that had them thinks she is already bred. I really don't want someone to take them just for the puppies.

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I know what you mean. I know there are so many out there that would take advantage of that. It is very sad.

Marie

5. sew4beans

Aug 7, 2007
    Hopefully I can find them a home with a reliable owner.

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Hiya Connie! I PMed you.....[​IMG]

7. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    i am in tennessee would love to have them

8. sew4beans

Aug 7, 2007
    I will know tomorrow, but looks like we have them going into a rescue. I want to know they are taken care of and not put into some breeding operation. Especially until we know if the little female is bred. I will be happy to keep you posted, if you would like.

9. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    "Eli & Faith" are all settled in now. No worries......[​IMG]

10. sew4beans

Aug 7, 2007
    Thank you so much. They are such good little dogs and I am glad to know they are well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by