Help!! Need to make a Home Made Incubator out of Wine Fridge

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenzoo, Feb 25, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I was given a nice sized Black Wine/drink Refrigerator with the Full glass Door. It still works so I can use whatever I need. I also have a few auto egg turners That I can join together as well as buy a few more for the turners. I will post pics and dimensions as soon as I get them. How can I make it into a Bator and What Parts do I need? I need diagrams please...I am a visual learner..LOL! HELP [​IMG]

2. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    Wow..why would you want to turn it into an incubator? Does the cooling aspect of this wine "cooler" not work anymore? If it were me I'd sell it, because many people are looking for those little wine storage/cooling systems and the money you sell it for, buy a new incubator.

I'd gladly trade you my forced air LG bator for the wine fridge you have. I can always make another bator. [​IMG]

Dan

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  3. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    There is a video on youtube. Where they make one out of a reqular fridge. But Iam sure it would work for you. I will post a link if youd like. Just let me know.

4. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    No kidding, if the wine fridge works...chill wine. Make a bator out of something else

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well we don't drink..except sodas, so I wouldn't have a use for it. I don't know if it is for wine or just sodas???? I'll try to post pics. [​IMG]

6. jay1995

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Would you like the link to the video?

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Yes Please ! [​IMG]

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I use a small wine refrigerator for keeping my eggs before incubating. It's not as cold as a regular fridge by about 30 degrees and it keeps them at a steady temp. That's important here where I can have lots of days over 100 and don't have central heat/air. I do have
    a wine frig that is broken too that I considered convering to a bator... post the link.
    Wine refrigerators are cheap nowadays.. especially small ones. Those of you wanting
    one, check your local craigslist. I got mine for under $50 , you can buy them new under $100
    I sold two of the cube type for $20 on craigslist when I found my bigger one for $40.

Nancy

9. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    What!!! [​IMG] if you can buy a wine cooling fridge (with full front glass door, and wine racks still in place) for under $100.00 each, buy them and I"ll take two!!

Dan

10. jay1995

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Here they are. Goodluck. ps, therre is some explicit language but tells you info you will need. And you can find that stuff alot cheaper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by