help needed asap: update-video

cowgirl11

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
so many bird problems today!
sad.png

my button just started bubbling out of it's mouth.. i just got a baby chick yesterday but it's kept in the other room.. could it of given it something? what should i do?

Last edited:
no..just mixed some adult food in their starter for the last few days.. no leg paralysis just puffed up and started bubbling clear fluid out of it's mouth. and a baby chicken.

Last edited:
Did they not have water for awhile? I am thinking salt toxicity or not enough water so they gobbled the water too fast and that caused the bubbling.

You can treat the salt toxicity with distilled water to flush toxins out (if no damage is done already).

they have had water. haven't been out of it.
also, he is still eating and being active with the other birds..he just remains fluffed up and sometimes stops what he is doing and acts like he is going to throw up kind of..
actually, now that i watch them.. he seems to be eating and drinking excessively. that's all he is doing.
maybe i'm just being crazy...

Last edited:
well he made it through the night but still isn't acting normal..i just gave him distilled water all night, no food.. when can they have their food back?
and when do i give them regular water again?
thank you!
smile.png

Last edited:
If It Were Salt Toxicity He Would Have Been A Goner In A 2-3 Hrs At Most. Perhaps He Just Aspirated( Fancy Term For Ralphed Then Inhaled The Ralph...
hmm.png
)? If So Pnuemonia Is A Likely Side Effect From That

he is still alive and eating, drinking...just kinda fluffed up.. what can i do for pneumonia?

he started to bubble out of his mouth again! i am stumped at what this could be...i have many other birds and don't want them getting sick either. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know, asap!

I am thinking he is drinking his water too fast now!
hmm.png
Hmmm, I would separate him and treat him like a day old button...jar lid with water and food and heat lamp...observe what he does..

Back
Top Bottom