Help Needed...Evaporator Pad for Suro20!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jimmiaandboys, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Jimmiaandboys

Jimmiaandboys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Bennington County, VT
    Hi All,

I took advantage of the 50% off special on Suro20. It's here and set up but for the "evaporator pad". No explanation in manual of how or why it's used, if it stays in until lockdown or through hatch. Only mentions cutting it, folding it and clipping it into egg tray. I'm planning on setting eggs Sat. 1/16 (tomorrow) and want to have everything right.
    As always I appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. JD

JD Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Are you talking about one of these:
    [​IMG]
    If so I would leave it in. I won't get my rcom20 till end of next week. Maybe someone else would have some insight on this

3. Madcap621

Madcap621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Will be following your thread w/interrest. I ordered my King Soro 20 last night --and won an egg auction yesterday!!! [​IMG] Gonna be a toss-up what gets here first! [​IMG] Sure hope it's the bator [​IMG] I have been having horrible temp swings from > 104 to <95 with the bator I have. If I get anything hatched it will be a miracle!! I candle on Monday day 14. I do have a b/u bator to set my ny new eggs, but no turner for it [​IMG]

4. JD

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Good luck to you madcap621. Who did you order from? I had missed the sell at poultry supply and ordered mine from jmt distributors last night also and state 3 to 5 working days, but we do have martin luther holiday I think on Mon. So don't know if that will be counted or not. I had the Little Giant still air which I add the small computer fan to and made a homemade egg turner from an egg carton on a dower. Worked pretty good, I lost only one chick out of 6 that had pipped but didn't zip. I had helped a little bit around the pip and put him back in to finish with damp wash cloth and he still never zipped. Had to help him a little more but still left bottom half of shell on him. When I did finally opened him all the way to see what had happened, he had the cord wrapped around one leg and seem to have torned it a little bit. I wished I had helped him all the way now that I had seen that. Hardly no blood. Just maybe to week fighting that. Well good luck and hope you do get the bator first so you can set it up. Looks to be a breeze, I hope so.

5. Madcap621

Madcap621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Ordered from JMT and don't know where they are shipping from. Eggs coming from Gamebirdsonly in UT, so will be neck and neck. Going into lockdown on Friday with current hatch and have figured out problems. Off to Wally world for a new thermom/hygromn and will calibrate all this week and start the Hatcher/incubator #2 - whichever needed first [​IMG] I discovered my thermometer was off 3* [​IMG] [​IMG] so at least the temp spikes were only to 102, NOT 105 as first tho't [​IMG]

Maybe we can be hatching buddies w/me trailing behind, and I can learn from your experiences? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. JD

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Looks to me from Phoenix, AZ. Yeah I would like that. I'm going to test run it on some of my mutts that I know are fertile. I'm still getting 8 to 10 eggs out of I think 15 hens that sould be laying. Probably will get serious on it in the spring on my blacktail banty and the d'uccles. I ordered mine friday so hoping it will be here by the weekend if the 3-5 shipping day go true. Also hoping the ee's will start lay between May and June.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by