help needed quick ....sick pullet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gary 12 ireland, Nov 6, 2013.

1. gary 12 ireland

gary 12 ireland Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2013
    hi,

i went into chicken barn after being away for the day and my little sumatra pullet was lying on the ground ice cold but still alive ...she is in heat now but i do not know what to do can u help me quick .[​IMG]

2. kelck22

kelck22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2013
    mukilteo, wa
    How old is she? I had a chick that was laying "dead" on the ground. went to go get gloves to pick her up and got distracted. Came back an hour later and she was up chirping. The hen she was with rejected her and she got cold. As soon as she warmed up she was back to normal.

3. gary 12 ireland

gary 12 ireland Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2013
    She is 10 weeks old ???The other pullet in with her is grand. she was ok yesterday

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    At this age coccidiosis is a threat. Symptoms are lethargy or sleepiness, puffing up, ruffled feathers, pallor, poor appetite, and diarrhea. Occasionally there might be blood in the poo but not always. Treatment is amprollium (Coxoid or Corid) in the water for 5 days.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

There are two forms of Corid, liquid and powder. The dosage for the liquid is two teaspoons per gallon, and for the powder, it is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by