Help needed to...

Foleys

Songster
9 Years
May 12, 2010
Toccoa
help me find out if thease are male or female. I tryed to see if someone could help but didnt get much responce..
I think this one is a hen????
57285_chickens4_008.jpg

I think this one is a hen also??
57285_chickens4_006.jpg

I think this one is a roo???
57285_chickens4_002.jpg

I am not sure on this one I think both at times..
57285_chickens4_001.jpg

All of them are the same age we think about 10 to 12 weeks...

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking and hoping. I dont know what I would do with more roos then hens...Is that even a good thing to have more roos then hens?

did you try posting here in this thread to get a bit more responses?

What Breed Or Gender is This?

its under index.

they all look like they maybe pullets
smile.png

If they are all the same age and breed I agree with fastpat, probably only #3 is a roo.
smile.png

It was my very first post I think I did post it here.... But If not I am now...lol

Quote:

Yes sir they are all the same age and breed.. Atleast I think they are they all came pecking at our door together and they all look the same so I am assuming they are .

Quote:

Last edited:
Quote:
No, you don't even want to have the same number of each gender. You need about one male for every ten females, I'll have about 17 or 18 females so I'll likely only keep two or MAYBE three males, that will mean I have to place or eat at least 4 cockerels.

Being that I am just startin out on raising thease lil fellas.. who in the world would I give the extra roos to???? and there is NOOOOOOO way I could ever eat something that I have raised.....is that wierd??

Quote:
No, you don't even want to have the same number of each gender. You need about one male for every ten females, I'll have about 17 or 18 females so I'll likely only keep two or MAYBE three males, that will mean I have to place or eat at least 4 cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom