1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Help Needed !!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bkbingham, Jun 2, 2008.

1. bkbingham

bkbingham In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2008
    Bunkerville, NV
    Ok so a rooster shows up in my back yard at least I think it is.....So I decided to build a coop wich is still in progress...and raise me some chickens !!! I am so fired up and so are the kids. We live in a Rual Community 1 hour outside of Vegas. I went down the street to a lady who has a ton of chicken's and she gave me 4 little ones and a medium sized one...Now today I noticed another white chicken that showed up in my back yard..dont know where it came from..Neighbors dont have chickens..so its a mystery of how two out of the seven got in my yard....lol ohh well we tried to find there owners but we still have them. I think the two are Roo's the other i Hope are Pullets..

1)[​IMG]

is he a Roo? and What Breed?

2)[​IMG]

Is he a Roo? EE?

3)[​IMG]

I have two of these..What is breed?

4)[​IMG]
    I have two of these black ones!!

5)[​IMG]
    and this one

Any Ideas on any of these...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  2. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Songster

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Well I am definitely not much help, but I would say #1 is definitely a roo.

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    First. -Roo. BBR. Modern game i say. 2nd. Looks like a splash maybe hen.. possible EE?. i have no idea. 3 is a hen. dunno the breed. black looks like a gamefowl honestly. and is a hen bottom one looks like a hen as well.

4. bkbingham

bkbingham In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2008
    Bunkerville, NV
    So maybe mixed breed on the Thiird one? The second just stands tall so i thought maybe a roo...I hope its not...Should I post another photo?

5. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Sure.

6. mbleily

mbleily Songster 10 Years

Feb 20, 2008
    Idaho
    The black on looks a lot like my Black Star production pullet. The white with gray splash looks a lot like the one they(Meyer) told me was a blue Andalusian. Since only about half are truely blue you got white and black and splash colored ones.

7. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Songster

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    I think you should put the first one in a box and mail it to me....LOL...I have been wanting those for a LONG time!! I finally ordered some eggs, and 2 of the 8 are good, that will be 2 more than I had in the first place..LOL...youve got some cute chicks, wish chicks would just show up in my yard!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: