HELP, NEST OF 5 SMALL BIRD EGGS FOUND!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Eliya4Gpigs, May 3, 2017.

1. Eliya4Gpigs

Eliya4Gpigs Just Hatched

Oct 5, 2016
    OK I'M REALLY WORRIED. MY DAD FOUND A NEST OF 5 EGGS IN HIS WOOD SHOP AND CHOSE TO MOVE THEM, No doubt he got his scent all over them.. I want to help them hatch as much as i can, once they hatch i am prepared to buy bird seed and mealworms, but i got to make sure they last that long! i know there is more chance of them living once they've hatched, but i have to keep them alive that long... What do i do!?!??!?!!???? when i found out my dad had found them, he just set it on the table, he was gonna just throw them in the woods but before he did that i snuck them inside and put them in my bedroom window flower box, (birds nest in them every year), they are still in the nest, Do i have to come up with an idea to keep them warm? The lowest weather it will be this week is 61 degrees. umm ok scratch that my mom just said to keep the nest by where they where found so the mama can find them... Isn't that murder? Won't the mama bird abandoned them even if she finds them because our sent is on it? What do i do?????????????????????? I got some pictures of them.[​IMG]Where they are Right now. Only a foot or two away from where they where found.
    [​IMG]This one is where i first put them when i got them from my dad.

[​IMG]This is a close up on the eggs. Although it looks like there is, there is no filter on the picture. (OMG THE LEAF IN THE CORNER LOOKS LIKE GROOT!!!!!)

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Its best to leave them alone and let nature take its course.

3. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    your scent will not deter momma bird

you wont be able to regurgitate the food they need every 2 hours, and the supplemental food is very expensive

i recommend putting the nest back

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Xs 2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by