HELP! new at incubating and my girls cracked an egg.

laadeebug

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 18, 2011

X2 what BrattishTaz said.

Duct tape also works. It's easier to work with to (in my opinion)
tongue.png

Good luck with your chick.

*Edited because I spell bad
lol.png
Thank you KlaHa Ya Gardens!*

Last edited:
Quote:
No, no, no. "Duck" (duct) tape is for ducks.
tongue.png
Chicken tape is for chickens. Maybe some expensive medical grade, breathable human tape.

(Or candle wax, as has been mentioned, works, too.
wink.png
)

Well, I did put the medical tape. Made sense that it would breathe. Tonight I am hearing chirps and cheeps from the egg. YAY!!! It will be my first (provided no damage happened when the egg dropped or if any bacteria got in in the meantime!) Wish me luck and thanks for the advice guys.
fl.gif
:fl:fl

Quote:
No, no, no. "Duck" (duct) tape is for ducks.
tongue.png
Chicken tape is for chickens. Maybe some expensive medical grade, breathable human tape.

(Or candle wax, as has been mentioned, works, too.
wink.png
)

LOL
lau.gif
oops. Can you tell I'm horrible at spelling things?
lau.gif

Quote:
I feel bad. I hope you had the medical tape and didn't buy it. I'm sure it all would have worked fine -- unless you planned to use the entire roll on one egg.
wink.png

I really must learn to use more smileys for my dry humor.

If I had medical tape -- and I usually do -- I probably would have used it. Not all med tape breathes. But I sure hope you used what you had around the house.

Glad to hear about the singing in the shell!
woot.gif

Yes. I had the tape here and no candle wax. It worked perfectly and I am soooooooo happy to say, the little one is just fine. it popped out this morning on it's own fairly quickly I might add. probably due the fact that it was already cracked. But he or she, is strong. YAY!!!

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom