1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help new chicks won't stop eating is this normal ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by NewRenoNv, Jun 28, 2016.

1. NewRenoNv

NewRenoNv Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2015
    Reno nv
    Help just brought home our first chicks and they won't stop eating. I'm afraid to remove the feeder but the eat every hour is this normal?

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    I take it these are fairly new hatched chicks? Yep, they eat frequently just like any newborns... sleep, eat, poop and play is about all they do for a little while... unless they are meat birds like CornishX no need to restrict their feed, they'll slow down as they get older... :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  3. NewRenoNv

Jun 26, 2015
    Reno nv
    No four road island reds two board rocks about two weeks old

4. Lisa Wood

Lisa Wood Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2016
    AIKEN, South Carolina

I said the same thing! Are they chicks or vultures? Wait till you see them grow! Go to bed and one chick is biggest, wake up and another one is bigger. I was told keep food in front of them 24/7. Mine are six weeks and just slowing down a small tad, probably cause they are looking around for bugs in their new yard.
    They are not *free eggs*, and I plan on charging at least $5 just like grocers!

5. NewRenoNv

Jun 26, 2015
    Reno nv
    Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by