HELP- new hen escaped

lisaleesa546

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2016
i got 5 new hens into my flock this morning. Two came together and three came together. Everyone was getting along except 1 was being picked on by one of my older hens. The hen was already a year old and was a smaller hen. No blood or injury occurred just pecking. The hen escaped and I have not been able to find it anywhere!! I have a small property. Some neighbors mentioned seeing her but I have been all over and have not seen her anywhere. She's very friendly but obviously scare and in a new place. Is there any hope at all that she will come back on her own before dark? I'm devastated at losing her. Is there any tips that might make her come back and/or help me find her? She has been gone about 3 hours so far. There are so many places she could be it's hard to know where to look.

i got 5 new hens into my flock this morning. Two came together and three came together. Everyone was getting along except 1 was being picked on by one of my older hens. The hen was already a year old and was a smaller hen. No blood or injury occurred just pecking. The hen escaped and I have not been able to find it anywhere!! I have a small property. Some neighbors mentioned seeing her but I have been all over and have not seen her anywhere. She's very friendly but obviously scare and in a new place. Is there any hope at all that she will come back on her own before dark? I'm devastated at losing her. Is there any tips that might make her come back and/or help me find her? She has been gone about 3 hours so far. There are so many places she could be it's hard to know where to look.
It can be really hard to find a chicken that doesn't want to be found. She might be drawn back to the other hens, at least. How long was she in the coop, and what occurred during the breakout?

It can be really hard to find a chicken that doesn't want to be found. She might be drawn back to the other hens, at least. How long was she in the coop, and what occurred during the breakout?

She was only in the coop for about 24 hours before the breakout. She has a buddy chicken that she's been with since she was chick here with us, and most of my chickens left her alone but one was trying to dominate her all day. Again, there wasn't any blood or injury so it wasn't awful but she did try to hide all day. I didn't realize there was a way out until she got out of the coop. I've looked everywhere and haven't seen her.

Back
Top Bottom