HELP NEW/LATE HATCHES!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mahen8622, Jan 21, 2009.

1. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    ok i have past due eggs i decided to candle and no movement so i decided to see what they looked like before i tossed htem and the first egg was a cute but dead so i cracked the second carefully and then i saw MOVEMENT i screamed eeeek lol i rushed it back to the bator with the egg and all the stuff that came out with it can it make it or will it die?! i cracked the third and it looked milkie inside but when the chicks body came out it started kicking like it was running! so i rushed that chick to the bator too.

honestly what are the chances of sirvival?
    and is there supposed to be yolk still close to the belly???there were small sacks of yellow veiny yolk i never touched it i just slid it back in the bator too

2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Chances are not to great if its bleeding. It can still absorb the yolk but will have to wait and see. was it bleeding? They must not be ready to hatch yet if they hadn't finsih absorbing the yolk.

3. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    um there was blood only inthe live chicks eggs not much like they were bleeding though ( good ot hear from you willow ps there was no movement so i thought id investigate lol

4. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    your temps must have been low during incubation that can make them late to hatch. I wouldn't try to help anymore out, they may be ok. Hope they are!

5. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] praying for you and your chicks

6. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    THANkS william lol and willow of course. i hope they make it my temp reads 100 ever since i regulated it until the other night when it spiked (bc of me) i hope they make it
    i get paid tomorrow and im investing in more thermometers and a much needed hygrometer i think thats my main issue my first chick drowned in the egg i think

7. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Yes your therm. Might be off and if it is then they might take a few more days. Just a few degrees off and it really makes a difference.

8. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    see i am not using a dig bator i jsut have a turny knobby thing so one slight twist to turn it up a few degrees turned it up 10 degrees i hop ei can get this straightened out!

9. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Don't feel bad, after you get a digital thermometer from walmart with a humidity guage, try again. IMy incubator doesn't even have a thermostate its a cooler, heating pad, and popouri pot, took me forever to get temp steady, so know the feeling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by