Help ! New raising 6 backyard chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lazy6chicks, Mar 9, 2017.

1. lazy6chicks

lazy6chicks New Egg

Mar 9, 2017
    I bought 6 chickens for my daughter last year thinking I will give them away after few Months . BUT I love my babies so Much can't give them away.problem I saw a week ago one chicken is getting bullied by others they peck poor baby on its neck. All feathers are gone and they keep attacking her . I've read online that if we separate chicken they don't welcome her back. They were 6 days old since Togather. What should I do and what to put on my poor baby so they leave her alone.
    Can anyone help me plzzzzz.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!
    Bullying is a common issue - and one that can stem from several root causes. If you share a bit more with us we can better help you sort out your situation. You mention there are six birds, correct? They are now how old? Are they confined to a coop and run setup at all times or out free ranging? If free ranging, how much of each day is spent out? How large (in feet by feet) are your coop and your run? What are you currently feeding your birds?

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under lazy6chicks [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I too will just say Hello and wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You've already been asked some good questions and given some helpful links so I'll just say hello and thanks for joining us!

7. lazy6chicks

lazy6chicks New Egg

Mar 9, 2017
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me ! It's amazing site.
    Yes amazing advice already and good read articles.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Poor chick, she should have been separated before she ended up bald. They could have turned on her and killed her. Even chicks can turn cannibalistic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by