Help? New rooster think he is a black and copper marans but not sure.

riktheimpaler

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2017
He has black featherless legs, black feather with a green highlight over much of his lower end and an orange highlighted black feathering on upper body and neck. Previous owner didn't know anything bout him other than where he bought him. He was housed with 3 other cocks so his feathering is rather beat up. He will be a year old in June.
And help appreciated thanks

Thank you all for the reply. I will accept your judgement. It's an Easter egger. I'm looking to intentionally cross a group of guinea hens with this Easter egger rooster. Hoping to get some fertile offspring and make a desireable chicken breed out of it. It's just for fun.

EE BTW people have intentionally as well as accidentally had chicken-guinea crosses. The "guin-hen" hybrids generally do not survive very long. Sad to put them through that.

From my research some live long and some though few are fertile. I have made gambled on worse odds for entertainment purposes. I mean,,, isn't that the whole basis of how domestic dogs and chickens have come to be??? That one in a million that has the traits the developer is desiring? I'm looking for a tick eating machine that isn't quite as annoying or ugly as the guinea. A best of both worlds situation.

Back
Top Bottom