HELP, newbie here!!!

xocnk

In the Brooder
May 21, 2016
WV
Hello, feeling worried here. First time incubating. I'm going on day 22. Have 8 chicks successfully hatched so far, first pip was day 19.. I have 18 eggs left in incubator and none of them have even pipped... My incubator is a forced air, the humidity was 65% all 1-18 and temp was 99.5. I candeled on day 7, day 14 and again at day 18 (to draw air sac and check viability) all seemed fine then. I'm worried that because others have hatched fine and now the others haven't even pipped. Also, would the temp make a difference, like most eggs that have hatched has been from bottom of incubator and 2 from middle shelf... None from top yet. The air fan blows out from the bottom.. Temp has remained steady during lockdown and humidity is 70-75%
Any advice on if I am worrying too soon or not!

I've had them hatch on day 19 and some wait to day 24..

So I wouldn't panicke yet.. if none hatch from now till 24.. I'd probably do a float test at that point

Okay thanks, also I candeled on day 18 and air sac was good size so my question is if I have to float test them on day 25 and they still float because of the air cell how will I know if they are dead? They won't be moving??

Update: just float tested and then had to egg topsy them all, out of 18 eggs only 5 were even alive at day 18.. Others died before lockdown. My question is: two of them had absorbed their yolk already so I wonder if it was the humidity from day 1-18 how could I fell from the egg topsy.. It seems wet inside like fluid like.. But is that normal anyways? I guess I'm just worried it was something I did during incubation.. So for next time it will be better.

Back
Top Bottom