help newbie rooster has multiple problems

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by robsaun, Aug 30, 2010.

1. robsaun

robsaun New Egg

Aug 30, 2010
    I have a rooster who has multiple problems i feel like i am trying everything but nothing seems to be working. Let's start out with Lethargic, constant runny nose to the point where snot or whatever its called for chickens is stuck to his feathers and i have to clean his beak several times a day because it hardens and turns a dark yellow. The tips of his comb are turning black and it is laying over. I have been giving 1/2cc of tylan 50 for 5 days now and no improvement just started today on duramycin. Separated him from the rest of my chickens put in small cage. this morning noticed his poop was white and green and soft and hardened to a putty like substance. Anybody have any ideas of what this could be. I did give all my chickens tylan 50 for 3 days and added a little duramycin to their water today. Also I did ivermectin all my chickens and roos to kill lice which i can now see they had did 4 drops in between wings. Sorry trying to be as specific as i can so hopefully someone will have an answer. Don't know age of rooster someone gave him to us 3 weeks back and he was just fine. syptoms came on strong hard and fast. any help is greatly appreciated im really trying to keep from having to put him down.

2. robsaun

robsaun New Egg

Aug 30, 2010
    would like to add a picture of his poop but can't figure out how to do it if anyone can help email me and i will email back pictures he is looking really bad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by