Help -- NO Eggs

ametauss

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Shepherdsville, KY
I got 4 supposedly laying hens two weeks ago and I free range with an open barn for cover/laying....

I have 3 that refuse to come into the barn and roost in a stand of trees on some rotting logs and one comes in....

None are laying.... Any clues?? I also have several roosters of various ages due to the straight run thing... boy I hate that....

Thanks,
Ann Marie

they are probaly laying their eggs in a secret stash somewhere around the yard...

I would keep them confined to the coop for a few days making sure there is enough light to keep the laying cycle normal ...this may also help with the problem of them not coming in to roost for the night

yep-- you should confine them. Or maybe they got stressed out when you moved them from their previous location. They will stop laying for a time.

I agree with the other posts. Either they are hiding them or just aren't laying. I agree too, confine them for awhile. When they go through changes such as a move and being intoduced to an already existing flock They may not lay for a month or more.
jumpy.gif
caf.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom