1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help no pips no peeps

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenonmymind, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Chickenonmymind

Chickenonmymind Out Of The Brooder

Dec 24, 2011
    I have buff Orpington eggs hatching today is day 21 but I did not put them in the incubator intell about 6pm and it's 9am right now. I have not heard them make any noises. Should I candlel them? I have 30 eggs in there and it looked like about 25 of them would hatch. I also had a little date mix up stoped flipping them 2 days earlier then I should have. And the humidity and temp are right. HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    do nothing! day 21 is "supposed" to be hatching day...let nature takes it course...temps between 99.5 and 102 humidity at lockdown 65-75% do NOT open the bator afterwards or you are messing with their hatching environment...be patient-walk away-no fingers! just staring is fine! you havent even hit the full 21 days yet until tonight-patience [​IMG]

3. Chickenonmymind

Chickenonmymind Out Of The Brooder

Dec 24, 2011
    Thanks, mabey it will be a Christmas surprise![​IMG]

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I hope so for you!!!! [​IMG]

Do NOT try to help---if you get nothing until day 23 a full 23 days then I tend to "check out" a few eggs to see whats up!

5. lagunitas

lagunitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2011
    as a dear friend of mine tells me: dontopenitdontopenitdontopenit.....

6. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    Quote:You never know when they decide to show up. Our first bunch hatched on day 20. Our next bunch hatched on day 22 and 23. We had a straggler yesterday (day 23) that I was about to give up on and then we finally saw a pip. And to think I almost threw him away!

7. lagunitas

lagunitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2011
    i usually set my batches for the evening so on "day 21" so i'm sleeping when they start pipping, lest i'm tempted to mess with the 'bator. i've had hatches where i couldn't hear a thing and then it was nothing but fluffy chicks when i woke up in the morning, and even then that could be day 20 or day 22.
    what kind of incubator are you using?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by