Help! Not enough room for hatching!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by corabee, Dec 10, 2011.

1. corabee

corabee Out Of The Brooder

I have the first chick pipped today and I just realized that in my LG with the egg cartons and 3 different containers placed in with sponges for humidity, plus my other 6 silkie chicks that are a staggered hatch and not ready for another week and a half, plus my therm/hygro there is no room for the chicks to get onto the floor once theya hatch!! What to do??????

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You need another incubator... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. indi

indi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    I agree with cmom but you could try a cardboard box with a lamp (a heat one preferably) and holes in the side with a heater that blows out air (hot-ish!!) that should do but if possible keep an eye on them. No guantees though but if they are fully fluffed it should work! Good luck with the other chicks!! [​IMG]

4. corabee

corabee Out Of The Brooder

Crisis averted!!! I moved the entire bator into a steamy shower and reconfigured everything. Humidity dipped from 70 to 63 and was back up to 70 within 10 minutes. Temp dipped but was right back up even faster. I do believe we now have enough space and we now have 2 pips!!!!!1

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    Congrat! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. indi

indi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Yaaaayyyyy!!!!! Woooohoooooo!!!!! Whooopeeeee!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by