1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!!! Now with pics

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by FarmerGilland, Jun 29, 2011.

1. FarmerGilland

FarmerGilland Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    On Top of the Mountain
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Gee, it looks like a nub. I'm hoping someone can help you. Figured I'd give you a bump.

3. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Looks like a joint issue, like double jointed? I had a goose that had something similar but it was her hip. She got around ok, but died near her first birthday. [​IMG] I was distraught (I was a city kid and hatched her out in science class when we found a nest where the mother had been killed by a dog.). Anyways, I was so upset and wasnt sure what lead to her early death so I sent her to Mich State U where they have an awesome vet school for autopsy. They said she had osteoperosis and that caused her early, but natural and unavoidable death. I hope your lil one does better!

4. FarmerGilland

FarmerGilland Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    On Top of the Mountain
    You don't think that it has some kind of deathly disease or even broke?!?! I had thought about putting a splint on it, if it was broke. He/she doesn't chirp or anything when I move it or touch it. And it really don't look swollen.

The man I bought them from said for me to give them vitamins when I bought them, but the local co-op has been out every time that I stopped by. Do you think that would help?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by