Help on a Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jose408, Aug 24, 2008.

1. jose408

jose408 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    Hey Guys well i wanted to buy Little Giant 9200 and i wanted to know if i can put my eggs inside the little giant onece i get it and do i need any other stuff its becuase am going to turn the eggs by myself since am here all day its becuase poeple are saying that i should get a other fan for the little giant and that i should get a egg turner but i dont know if i should get those stuff help me guys and i also wanted to know how do i install a water wiggler i heard to use it to tell the right tempature

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Hi....I use a Little Giant still air with no turner. Really depends on how much you are planning to spend. I use egg cartons to turn my eggs which works well, for me. As for a water wiggler, it is just a child's toy...a small, water filled, plastic tube. The thermometer is inserted in it giving you a really great idea of the temp inside the eggs. It isn't something that is "installed". Good luck. [​IMG] Oh, and before putting the eggs in the incubator (no matter what you end up with) you need to let the incubator run for several hours and make sure you are holding a steady temp.

3. jose408

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    can you explain to me how to use the egg cartons as a egg turner

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Put them in an egg carton, small end down, and lift one side with something like a small block of wood, about an inch or so. when you turn them, remove the block from the lifted side, and move it to the other side.

I used my LG 9200 for a couple years without a turner. I did the old "x" and "o" trick....

5. jose408

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    Ohh okay thanks i was going to try to do the same thing the X and O trick

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    When I use eg cartons to turn, I just use the cut off lid to prop them. It is the perfect height and no hunting for something to use. [​IMG] I like the egg carton method becasue the eggs get shuffled around less and it is quicker if you have a lot of eggs.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Probably less opportunity for breakage too! I dont know how many times I almost dropped an egg when I was turning it by hand.

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Probably less opportunity for breakage too! I dont know how many times I almost dropped an egg when I was turning it by hand.

Unless you are like me (IE a KLUTZ) I once turned too quickly and dumped several out of the carton!!! Amazingly, they did hatch, though!!!! [​IMG]

9. jose408

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    is there like any website that show you how to do this

10. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:your pretty much looking at it.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by