Help on candeling please i see dark side on egg n no too dark on othe

jcfuente51

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
ok its been day 9 and had to candle to see how the eggs were doing i had set 12 eggs from my hens what i found out that 3 of the eggs were not fertil they all look with nothing at all inside and one of them had a blood ring so i instantly toke them out the bator and trashed them , i did oppened them b4 i trashed them the one with blood ring was all really bad the other that were not fertil looked just fine all formed the eggyog and the egg it self looked like if it was almost a fresh egg NOW THE BIG CONCERN ITS THAT ops sorry caps hehe the big concern its that the rest of the eggs looked all dark from one side and if u keep turning them as candlening half of the egg its more clear and the other half its really dard and i didnt see any movement at all. so how are those eggs doing? the one with the blood ring i instantly knew it was bad but what about these others i have left are they ok oh one more thing i could berely see veins trough the dark in some of the eggs and in the other ones i could see much even if i try to see from the side that its clear still couldnt see any veins in some the big questios its are those eggs in great conditions and developing? or whats the deal?

thank you if u could reply to the post...

Jc

droolin.gif
anyone?
droolin.gif

I'm still new to this as well. I'm going to try to help. What color are the eggs? What are you using to candle them? Sometimes with dark eggs its really hard to see movement. I would wait a couple days and try candling them again. At that point if there is no movement and when you hold the egg small end down with air cell at top jiggle it a little to see if it looks like water is jiggling into the air cell. If that has happened most likely the chicks are deceased. I hope this helps.
smile.png
Good luck!

With the large end of the egg on the light, you should be able to see a clearly defined air space...about 1/5 of the egg. The rest will be much darker. At the edge where the darkness starts, you should be able to see veining. You won't necessarily see movement unless you watch very carefully for a while....still with the large of the end down on the light source.

Hope this helps....wish I could describe it clearer!

btw... your dog avatar looks like my Mia!

i do see veinning on some i use a light bulb wrapped with peces of dark carbor box then a peace of round clear glass inside so the heat wont go up to heat the eggs then at the top end small hole that its made to sit the egg perfectly with out hold iting it i invented it my self.

what concerns me its that only one side of the egg its dark and the other side u could see lil more the eggs are not white but not dark either..

thanks about my dog heheh he showeed up to my door one day and since then hes been really happy here with us.

Quote:
yes!!! it looks like the first pic when i candled today... nice pic what day are those ?

I have the same thing happening right now...almost looks like a letter shaped U....it is really weird and I'm not sure what the survival will be for this egg though there's plenty of movement happening...but none of the other two eggs I have in the bator at this time look like that...

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom