Help on chick ID! :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Prudence and Pearl, May 15, 2011.

1. Prudence and Pearl

Prudence and Pearl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    So I have two questions. I just bought what i thought was silver laced wyandottes at the local TSC and now that they are a few weeks old one seems to have a single comb instead of a rose comb, I was wondering if anyone can help me ID the little odd ball. Second I also got a mix of chicks a few weeks before that and i picked what i thought were 2 leghorn pullets but now one has a way bigger comb and waddles then the other and i was wondering if that meant she was a he. Pictures below! thanks for the help!! [​IMG]

(Odd Ball Chick)
    [​IMG]

The others I assume are Wyandottes
    [​IMG]

The Two leghorns Pippen and Penelope side by side.....Pippen is on the chair and has the big comb and waddles
    [​IMG]

2. Lisa7907

Lisa7907 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    Single combs do happen in wyandottes, especially in hatchery stock. It still looks like a wyandotte to me. As for the leghorns, it looks like you have a male and a female.

3. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    Quote:x2. [​IMG]

4. Prudence and Pearl

Prudence and Pearl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    thanks [​IMG] didnt need another rooster but oh well haha

5. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    I have 2 SLW's with the same comb difference as you. It had me wondering when I first saw it, too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by