Help on geese breed plz!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by CKN, Aug 24, 2014.

1. CKN

CKN Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]
    I just bought these geese and I think the bigger one is the male and might be a Chinese. The smaller looks like the female and I'm not sure on her breed. I don't know much about geese. I always have raised chickens so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. CKN

CKN Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

3. poultrymaniac

poultrymaniac Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    The big brown one actually looks more like an African to me, and the other one looks like a Pomeranian.

4. CKN

CKN Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Okay thank you! I wasn't sure.

5. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    I don't know how old they are but the brown is standing to high for a Chinese and is too skinny and has no dewlep so i am sure it is a African crossed Chinese .
    The little one could be a pomi . if it is still a going but if it is over a year then it is a mixed breed just like the other one. :)

6. Mr Feeney 1

Mr Feeney 1 New Egg

Aug 28, 2014
    Yes, your taller one is a brown China. My brown china just passed away. She was 16 years old. The other one looks like a cross bet a Brown China and maybe a Pilgrim.

7. Mr Feeney 1

Mr Feeney 1 New Egg

Aug 28, 2014
    Oh, sorry. I didn't see the 2nd photo. Yes, the taller one looks like a brown china mix of possibly an African. I agree with ServPolice

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Sorry about losing your goose, 16 yr old goodness, I'm sure she had a great life.
    and Welcome to BYC!

9. Mr Feeney 1

Mr Feeney 1 New Egg

Aug 28, 2014
    Thank you. I'm looking for a female to replace her for Mr. Feeney. He is older too and losing his sight. I would like him to have a companion. Mr. Feeney is very loving, docile and sweet....a very hugable goose. I welcome any suggestions. I'm contacting rescue facilities as well as looking online. [​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

He's gorgeous, Not knowing where you are I can't help much but here in NC we have Carolina Water fowl rescue and they do adoptions. and we also have a rehoming thread here on BYC and a buy sell trade thread, plus if you go to "Where am I where are you" thread and look up you state you may have someone looking to place a goose Hope you can find Mr. Fenney a friend. I bet he's broken hearted at losing his girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by