Help on geese breed plz!

CKN

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 12, 2011
Oklahoma

I just bought these geese and I think the bigger one is the male and might be a Chinese. The smaller looks like the female and I'm not sure on her breed. I don't know much about geese. I always have raised chickens so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know how old they are but the brown is standing to high for a Chinese and is too skinny and has no dewlep so i am sure it is a African crossed Chinese .
The little one could be a pomi . if it is still a going but if it is over a year then it is a mixed breed just like the other one. :)

Yes, your taller one is a brown China. My brown china just passed away. She was 16 years old. The other one looks like a cross bet a Brown China and maybe a Pilgrim.

Oh, sorry. I didn't see the 2nd photo. Yes, the taller one looks like a brown china mix of possibly an African. I agree with ServPolice

Thank you. I'm looking for a female to replace her for Mr. Feeney. He is older too and losing his sight. I would like him to have a companion. Mr. Feeney is very loving, docile and sweet....a very hugable goose. I welcome any suggestions. I'm contacting rescue facilities as well as looking online.

Thank you. I'm looking for a female to replace her for Mr. Feeney. He is older too and losing his sight. I would like him to have a companion. Mr. Feeney is very loving, docile and sweet....a very hugable goose. I welcome any suggestions. I'm contacting rescue facilities as well as looking online.
He's gorgeous, Not knowing where you are I can't help much but here in NC we have Carolina Water fowl rescue and they do adoptions. and we also have a rehoming thread here on BYC and a buy sell trade thread, plus if you go to "Where am I where are you" thread and look up you state you may have someone looking to place a goose Hope you can find Mr. Fenney a friend. I bet he's broken hearted at losing his girl.

Back
Top Bottom