Help on my homework... (Bill of rights)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick15, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    For my Social Studies homework I need to find current articles about the 10 ammendments. I have alreadys done articles for amendments 1, 2, and 4. Please, if you know any articles can you please give me the link? I cannot do more than one article per ammendment (except for the first because it has many parts) So if you have nothing to do, or have recently seen one please halp me out! I need four more!!!

[​IMG]

2. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Which four?

3. ASweetHeart

ASweetHeart Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    I have the option of doing something similar for extra credit for a class, I plan on going to the website of a few big newspapers (boston globe, usa today, ect) and just "first ammendment" or whatever. Tested on the globe a few days ago and it pulled up a ton. HTH make it easier!

4. Chick15

Apr 21, 2011
    Quote:Any four except for 2 or 4 cuz i already did them

5. Chick15

Apr 21, 2011
    Quote:I wil do that now!! thanks for the help!!

6. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    5-8 are really pretty easy. Take your pick on about any death penalty court case, you'll find all of those brought up.

9 the new "personhood" movement is potentially in direct violation of that, read Griswold v Connecticut.

10 oh any of the various states who are trying to regulate illegal aliens would be that.

3 is the hard one, mainly because we haven't had an war on US soil in a number of years. You'll have to go outside the US to find that.

7. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I had to do the same thing once! Cool!

Good luck! I'd do exactly what ASweetHeart said. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  8. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    You young people have to make things easy for us.
    Remember, we're OLD. We spend out time with chickens
    these days.

Anyway I think this is the Bill of Rights, more or less...

Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III
    No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V
    No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI
    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII
    In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII
    Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

9. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Anyone "pleading the fifth" is citing the clause against self incrimination.

The whole "enemy combatant" speaks to 6, and 8th amendment rights. Also any jury trial that results in a mistrial or when there are multiple charges. Basically any criminal trial is going to touch on 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendment issues.

Just about anything with the Tea Party, Occupy Wallstreet or Muslims in America touches on 1st amendment rights.

Finding an article on quartering is going to be difficult. It really hasn't been practiced for a very long time. It is so focused on where you can put the military. Maybe an article on bases and then mentioning the amendment as the reason for bases will cover that requirement.

10. Chick15

Apr 21, 2011
    You are all being so much help!!
    Im gonna give you all big hugs..
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .... i think that thats about enough... [​IMG]

I now only have 2 more articles to go!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by