Help on sexing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Montgirl, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Montgirl

Montgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2013
    I'm new to chickens, I was hoping you could possibly help me identify if these are roosters or hens? They are around 11 weeks old. I actually have 7 but these are the only pictures I could get, as they were going crazy while I was trying to take the pic. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Your Easter Egger are all pullets, not sure about the others. We need more individual pictures to help us tell. :)

3. Montgirl

Jun 7, 2013
    I'll post some tomorrow. I think two might be roosters, but I'm not totally sure. I have been hearing the beginning crowing (which is so cute) and two are a little aggressive, one actually chased my son and flew up and scratched his cheek. Yikes! Ill update more pictures tomorrow. Oh, are the Easter eggers the Black and Tan? I bought them from a feed store who didn't have any breed info. So I'm clueless as breeds also.

4. chickenlover594

chickenlover594 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2013
    Hens pretty much. No roosters! For what I seem even though you need to post individual pict ;)

5. chickenlover594

chickenlover594 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2013
    Perfect, do that. Watch them in order to see which one is the rooster and the "dominant hen". I don't know if with those hens apply but hen can crow too. Mine is a bantam and she js the older on the folk. Love your chickens btw.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Any bird that attacks your child needs to be culled, regardless of gender.

we really need better pics of each bird to tell gender--profile pics including head/comb and legs are best.

7. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. Montgirl

Jun 7, 2013
    Ok here's some individual close ups
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

9. Montgirl

Jun 7, 2013
    [​IMG]