Help one of my birds is a roo (Silkie and Salmon Faverolle)? and I can't tell which one....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pointsalamander, Dec 11, 2017.

1. pointsalamander

pointsalamander In the Brooder

Aug 24, 2016
    I have 2 salmon faverolle and this 1 black silkie for a flock. Everyone is saying that my egg from my salmon faverolle is fertilized... well this pretty much leaves me wondering which one of my birds is a roo! I only have the 3. There are no other chickens in the area (I live in the city city). I am 100% sure that my smaller combed Salmon Faverolle is the laying bird. The other two haven't produced any eggs. No one crows. Never seen anyone do any mounting. No one is missing feathers either. I got the salmon faverolle as sexed day old chicks. The silkie was from a breeder and she said that was about 60/40 pullet. I got them all the very first week of June so they are all a little over 6 months old.....

So here are my birds... can anyone help?
    *also included was the photo which people are telling me the egg to the left is fertile (naturally I took the photo thanks to the blood spot in the egg on the right*

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.
  2. pointsalamander

Aug 24, 2016
    24059031 file is my laying girl... I know its her because she's the only one that uses that part of the coop (neither of the other two are willing to go up the ramp) and all eggs are always there.

3. junebuggena

junebuggena Crowing

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The Faverolles are definitely female.

4. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Crowing

Jun 9, 2017
    N.W. Missouri
    You have all pullets! Actually, the Salmon with the bigger, redder, comb would be your layer. The other one should be coming along soon. Those eggs aren't fertile. I don't know what would make somebody think it was.

5. Crazy for Chickens!

Jun 9, 2017
    N.W. Missouri
    Look up on the web, 'fertile egg' it will show you a little circle with a white ring around it.

6. pointsalamander

Aug 24, 2016

So basically what someone did was take the left yolk black and white it and sent it back to me. Saying that the circle around the circle was a fertile egg and a few people agreed with them.

I was like what no?! I have all girls!!! So then I doubted.....

*here is the edit they sent me*

Attached Files:

7. Crazy for Chickens!

Jun 9, 2017
    N.W. Missouri
    Yeah, definitely a fake. I don't know why somebody would do that???

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Weird -Somebody thinks they are funny - not me. A little blood spot would not indicate a fertile egg either.

Your beautiful girls look like girls to me especially the silkie.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Beautiful orange yolks from your eggs

10. Brahma Chicken5000

Brahma Chicken5000 Araucana Addict Premium Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    All are pullets.