HELP! one of my silkies eyes are sealed shut. whats wrong.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chookcrazy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Chookcrazy

Chookcrazy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2012
    Please help. My three-month-old silkies eye is sealed shut. I tried to pull it open but nothing happened. I then softened it will some water and still nothing. Please can someone tell me what might be the cause of this. I think there might be something in the eye but I am not sure. I've had this happen to a younger chick before and the eye got infected and it died. I don't want it to happen again. Please Please help. I need to know a treatment because this is my favourite silkie chick. [​IMG]

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Take a warm cloth with warm water and keep wiping and holding in on the eye lid. The crud is sticking it together, so you need to get it off. If you have saline you can keep rinsing the eye lid with that. Once it opens clean up around the eye, flush with saline and apply a non pain relief neosporine to the eye to help infection and keep it moist. She could have an injury or she could be getting sick. Any puss in her nose, any trouble breathing ?

3. Chookcrazy

Chookcrazy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2012
    No, her breathing is fine and there is no puss in the nose. I'll try the warm water thing tomorrow morning. Thanks. I will let you know what happens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by