Help!!! One of my sweet chickens is acting normal!!!

Chicky91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
One of my hens isn't eating ; I went to feed the flock today and she was the only on not interested in food ; was fine yesterday but today she isn't herself ; she kept to her self and my chickens are friendly but when I went to pet her she didn't flap her wings like usual ; Her comb looks smaller and a little shriveled ; Not clucking like usual she's has a very low cluck and didn't flap wings when jumping down from stone edge ; seem to be isolated from flock ; Some one please help!!!!
hit.gif

Isolate her, get a look at her poop. See if she will eat some treats.... Scrambled eggs or something high protein and give her electrolytes
HOMEMADE ELECTROLYTE SOLUTION courtesy of The Chicken Chick
1/2 teaspoon salt substitute*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 gallon water
*Salt substitute is readily available in most stores in the spice aisle near the salt, but if you do not have it, don't worry, the solution will still have most of the benefits intended to combat heat stress.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html?m=1
This link will help with diagnosis once you see some poop

Look her over for mites etc.... Has any thing changed, diet, new chickens, is she sneezing? Are her eyes clear?
Good luck

Last edited:
Eyes looked normal ' no new chickens same flock for past few months ; no sneezing that I heard just low mellow clucks as if she was sad ? ; will look at her poop as soon as I can catch her ; what are good ways to isolate?

I'd bring her in my house, in a dog crate or box... Old towels as bedding, bathtub works too. If her poop looks wrong post pictures. I'm thinking it's something basic like coccidiosis....
Corid is the treatment I see used most on here... If you can get some it won't hurt her to use it even if that's not the problem... Has she laid an egg recently?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom