Help our mommy

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cheapcheap_jeepjeep, Apr 3, 2007.

1. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    she can't tell what type we are and it is driving her nuts please help her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  2. Vermontchicken

Vermontchicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2007
    Hey to answer your question they are Spanish Minorca here is some information for you

Origin: Developed in the Mediterranean area where they take their name from an island off the coast of Spain. Development may have been as an offshoot of the Spanish breed.

Use: Developed for the production of very large chalk-white eggs, the Minorca is today principally an exhibition fowl and is a great layer.

Standard Weights: Single Comb Black: Cock-9 pounds; hen 7-1/2 pounds; cockerel-7-1/2 pounds; pullet-6-1/2 pounds. All others: Cock-8 pounds; hen-6-1/2 pounds; cockerel-6-1/2 pounds; pullet-5-1/2 pounds.

i have several of these myself there great birds feel free to email me if you need anything else [email protected] thanks:)

3. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I had black giant chicks that looked like that. They have yellow skin (legs), which probably means they are American type but I'm not an expert on IDing chicks.

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    The one on the bottom looks just like my black australorps.

5. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Thanks everyone I got them at a Rural King for 50cents each and did not know what they were I just wanted them. I was told they were all females but the one seems a little bossy ( the bottom pic). and I really hope it is only a bossy pullet chick cuase I know two roo and eight hens will not work out to well. [​IMG] thanks everyone again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by