1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help out, flag the spam for mods

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shortgrass, Oct 30, 2015.

1. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    Hey fellow members, help the mods out and flag the spam so they can find it and clean it up for us...thanks! :)

2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Flagged it hours ago

3. shortgrass

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    I just got up, and nothing but Korean lol...flagged a bunch but I'm bored with it ;)

I just wanted to read something other than Korean ha-ha :p

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I think you only need to flag a single one, if there's a whole page of them.

5. shortgrass

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    I'm not positive, I don't know how "mods" watch all this stuff... I just remember the last time it happened, that they asked us to flag them all so they can find each and every one.

I see they're at it again, but I'm too tired to poke a bunch of flags tonight :p

6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Yep, it's Friday night and someone couldn't get a date again. Guess he/she decided to OD on Clearasil and then harass us again. I flagged one. I hate doing that because you have to open one to flag it, and malicious code can be hidden anywhere.

7. shortgrass

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    Lol @Blooie what is with that? :D I must be old, but I don't remember "being a pain in the patooty" entertainment... Unless the whipping that followed may have been "entertaining" for the folks ;)

Oh, but we also didn't have computers, we did db stuff like waste good eggs and toilet paper :D

8. Sonya9

Sonya9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2014
    Jones County, Georgia
    LOL every night there are THOUSANDS of bot spam posts. I seriously don't think the mods need us to flag them seeing as how it is pretty darn obvious!

The odd individual spam post is another matter.

I just have to wonder why? Did the site peeve off some bored hackers? Kind of hard to imagine what could have triggered it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by