help, out if food until tomorrow evening n its 2 deg F.

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by cricketjo76, Nov 18, 2014.

1. cricketjo76

cricketjo76 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2014
    Detroit Lakes MN
    What can I feed my 5 in a pinch? I have 3 dogs, can they have that or?????

2. cricketjo76

Aug 7, 2014
    Detroit Lakes MN
    To note, it wasn't carelessness that led to this. Its N. Mn. and hubby is hunting and decided to stay longer so I'm stuck w no car until tomorrow.

3. mtngirl35

mtngirl35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2013
    Tennessee
    Dogfood will do in a pinch. Might want to crush it up if its really big chunks. I've run out of feed before and couldn't pick up any til after work so I gave my girls catfood for the day. You can also cook them some noodles or oatmeal.

1 person likes this.
  4. cricketjo76

Aug 7, 2014
    Detroit Lakes MN
    Though they may turn their nose at the broc, finicky kids! They love lettuces too but of course that's gone too, lol. But thanks again! I really appreciate it! They are so dramatic when they don't have something they want!! Even though they ate the last around 4 pm, they acted devastated at 6 when I brought in new water n some dog chow, lol, poor babies! They are master manipulators I think!!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  5. cricketjo76

Aug 7, 2014
    Detroit Lakes MN
    But when they're used to the routine, can't say I blame them[​IMG]
    Even their cooing purrs turned to crying then as I left they started yelling at me, screaming more like! I felt so bad [​IMG] live them dearly the deranged weirdly awesome birds!!! 1st time bird owner n even my goldenretrievers who are gpa, son n daughter And die hard bird dogs to boot, love them! (Not to mention hubby who was dead set against them saying they'll wreck his hunting dogs, loves them! Though he tries to act like he hates them but I know diff because I'll look out the window when he thinks no ones watching n sits n grins as thy cirle him curious to see what he's fiddling w now!! Sry long winded, sheesh, but what an awesome bird!!!

6. mtngirl35

mtngirl35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2013
    Tennessee
    Lol! Maybe they will forgive you when you can pick up some more feed today!

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Clean your fridge give them anything and see what they like.....

If they get hungry enough they will eat it...

1 person likes this.
  8. GuineaFowling

GuineaFowling Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    boiled eggs, oatmeal, veggies and fruits, bread (pbj is a favorite for my guineas), let them free range and find some food. My guineas dont rely on food from me. They spend the day free ranging and come back with full crops. I am just their treat person. If I offer them a handful of their crumbles they turn their beaks up and walk away but they'll eat anything thats not crumblesor pellets from me.

9. cricketjo76

Aug 7, 2014
    Detroit Lakes MN
    Mine free range but they love my 3 dogs food. Purina dog chow. Mine are close to 2 yrs old.

10. hyelaw

hyelaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    Ohio
    I'd give mine stuff form the fridge, oatmeal, lentils, peas, eggs, etc. but that's just me :) If they enjoy eating your dog's food, and they've had it before, go ahead and let them. I wouldn't recommend switching them over to it permanently, but once in a blue moon won't hurt them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by