HELP!!! PECKING ORDER PROBLEM!

mylilhen777

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 26, 2014
I HAVE 5 VERY LOVING BUFF ORPINGTON CHICKENS WHO MEAN THE WORLD TO ME AND THEY ARE GETTING BEAT UP BY MY NEWEST ADDIONS,RED STAR CHICKENS. THEY ARE VERY NICE BUT ONLY ONE IS TAME. MY BUFFS ARE 6 TO 8 MONTHS OF AGE AND THE RED STARS ARE 6. WE THREW A COOP TOGETHER BUT IM AFRAID TO LET THEM FREE RANGE BECAUSE THEY MIGHT THING THEY HAVE EARNED THIER FREEDOM. HELP! I AM WORRIED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif

Last edited:
I HAVE 5 VERY LOVING BUFF ORPINGTON CHICKENS WHO MEAN THE WORLD TO ME AND THEY ARE GETTING BEAT UP BY MY NEWEST ADDIONS,RED STAR CHICKENS. THEY ARE VERY NICE BUT ONLY ONE IS TAME. MY BUFFS ARE 6 TO 8 MONTHS OF AGE AND THE RED STARS ARE 6. WE THREW A COOP TOGETHER BUT IM AFRAID TO LET THEM FREE RANGE BECAUSE THEY MIGHT THING THEY HAVE EARNED THIER FREEDOM. HELP! I AM WORRIED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif
How long have they been together? How long have they all been in the coop? How big is the coop (feet x feet, not "big" or "big enough for x amount of chickens)? I'm not sure what you mean by "afraid to let them free range because they might think they have earned their freedom." Are they in a run together? Again, how big? Do you have hiding places for them? Multiple feeders and watering stations? Is there blood being drawn? Honestly, if they have been in the coop long enough to recognize it as home, they will return to roost in the evenings. Free ranging may actually help, as it gives the BOs a chance to get away from the others. Crowded conditions are a common cause for bad habits.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom