HELP!! Pekin duck!!

LegendsCreek

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 23, 2012
Foster, RI
Sorry for the panic, but I don't know what to do. We got 7 pekin chicks from TSC last week, and everyone seemed fine until tonight. One of them seems to be hobbling and limping and not using its right foot. Not sure what to do, he doesn't seem in pain because there's no screaming, but I feel horrible. Do you have any suggestions? I can't bear to kill him being so young if something is broken and I feel like I did something wrong. They are in a huge kiddie pool in my basement with saw dust and I have no idea how it happened. Pease help me!!!

I know the feeling. You try everything and no matter what, you wonder what you could have done differently. Birds do pass away, but that should serve as a remider to take extra joy in the ones that you do have.

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy trying to figure out how/what to do with your babies. We raised 3 Pekin and 2 Welsh Harlequin ducks from day old babies. They are so stinking cute and tons of entertainment. I would take them outside and let them forage around needless to say they worked my flowerbeds down to nothing. They need a deep vessel for their water so they can duck their heads in and clean out their sinuses. Enjoy your pets.

Sorry for your loss. It happens.

Good luck with the rest of them.

Back
Top Bottom