HELP! Perkin duck can't stand and falls over, wobbles head, tearing eyes, panting

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bdba7991, Jun 16, 2016.

1. bdba7991

bdba7991 New Egg

Jun 16, 2016
    Hello! I really need HELP!!! My duck Butters has all of a sudden not been able to walk :( and he falls over but keeps trying get up and stand. He does live inside, he's 3 months old now. His one eye started tearing bad and it almost looks lightly red around the feathers.hes panting, but he's drinking water. He wasn't eating before till after I gave him a bath and cleaned his bed and gave fresh water and food and he ate a little.i thought maybe it was the niactin he needed so night I gave him some peas. We thought he was overweight at first and that's why he could not walk but i think he is fine he's really not fat. Someone please help I called the vet and they haven't called me back

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post on the "Duck thread," giving as much information as possible. If you have a video showing what his condition is - that could be of enormous help. Do you think it is possible he had a stroke, or heat related event?

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    @bdba7991

I just found this post - is the duck okay? It sounds like it could be botulism or some kind of toxin. Here is information on flushes, and charcoal slurry https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal#post_9508213

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by