HELP: Photos of eggs being candled

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Parson's Wife, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    I am new to incubating. I would like to make this post available, first to help me...secondly to help others....
    Please post any pictures you have of eggs being candled and list the day you were on...also the type of chicken...
    and the color of the egg...along with any other pertinent information you have.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am on day 13, with silkies...light and darker brown eggs.
    also if you know of any websites with good how-to's and photos of eggs being candled...
    [​IMG]

edited to add...make them dial up friendly for those folks with dial-up. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
  3. Parson's Wife

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    Thank you!
    I came across another website in my latest hunt...
    http://shilala.homestead.com/candling.html

If that addy doesn't take you there...just type in the shilala homestead...see if that will call it up for you...
    Still curious about blood rings, how long to leave them in...not certain what I'm looking at.... [​IMG]

4. Parson's Wife

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

5. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
  6. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Nifty on here had a progressive CANDLling picture group that was helpful to me in the beginning. I don't throw eggs out till day 14 if I am unsure. by then you can see the chicks moving well and there will be a bigger aircell

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by