Help- PICS cocci? Newbie, scared lost one chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Megs501, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Megs501

Megs501 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    I've already lost one chick, this morning. I don't know if these are normal poops or what I've read could be cocci poops? Here is a link to my original post, I don't know how to move it, but it has pictures. The chicks don't seem lethargic, but then again I'm new to chicks and all they do is eat, poop, and sleep ... A lot. So I'm not sure what I'm looking for? Also, tomorrows Easter and I'm afraid all the feed stores will be closed to medicine. Ay home remedies for 6day old chicks if it is cocci?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/648318/blood-in-chick-poop

2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Do a search above for cocci and treatment. I haven't dealt with it so I do not know. Good luck!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    IF it's cocci, sprinkle the powder from powdered milk into their feed til you can get Corid.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. Megs501

Megs501 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    Thak you so much! I did a search and only found mention of things done for older chicks ...5-6 weeks old. Mne are soyng I wasn't sure what I could do.
    Thank you again!

I checked on them this morning, and they look okay? Two were eating and drinking, the rest were sleeping. The hopped right up when I startled them. I'm going to do the milk. Thanks again! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by